Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Woo hoo!

The stars aligned and I decided to make the trek up north and do the Metro Wednesday race tonight. I have been really tired lately and considered blowing it off but I'm so glad I went. I have not been on my mountain bike nearly enough this year. I was kind of skittish starting out but soon got into a groove. I did the back section of singletrack when I first got there (O'Malley's Woods, I think) and then climbed up to the top of the ski hill. There were five girls that started, four that actually finished. I did two laps and then realized there was still at least one guy that still had to do another lap so I went out and did a third lap (women & juniors have to do two) and then went up to the top of the hill one more time.

The two hour drive home and the fact that I still have two articles to write blows but I'm still really happy that I went. I forgot how much I love that course. I'm actually excited to race Sunday and I get to pick up my new cross bike this weekend! Woo hoo! = )

No comments: