Sunday, August 10, 2008

Kewaskum

I made the mistake of driving up Saturday to preride the course. Ick. Barely any single track and lots of high grass and weeds that I appear to be allergic to. I hadn't been there since 2005 and I swear there is even less single track since then. Tom didn't want to race so I decided to drive up by myself -- (relatively) close race, series points and, perhaps most importantly, I could actually warm up! Normally, I'm watching Christopher while Tom races.

I did well for me. My times were pretty consistent with my last lap time actually being a smidge faster than the other laps. Fastest speed was during the first, slightly longer, lap. I was farther behind April than I normally am but this is about the worst type of course for me there could be: no singletrack and lots of climbing. It was obviously a good workout as my butt muscles were sore for the ride home. I'm not sure if there's any way I convince myself to ever race there again though.

2 comments:

Sarah Lukas said...

I agree. That course was not too much fun. And generally pretty lame for a mountain bike course.

Nice job this weekend!

Regina said...

I find it funny that the majority of people don't like this course, but we all torture ourselves at it anyway.