Friday, January 9, 2009

Still alive and not in a padded room, yet

We all made it through the holidays. Christopher started preschool again on Monday and I was excited to get a lot of work done. On Sunday evening, I went to bed feeling fine and woke up feeling insanely nauseous. I hadn't felt so sick since Christmas 2005 when I was pregnant. On Monday, I mainly laid on the bed or the floor and tried to turn Christopher into a couch potato. By Monday evening, Tom was also sick. Christopher had the stomach bug a few days before and apparently wanted to share. By Tuesday night, I was mainly better and even hopped on the trainer. But, it wasn't until Christopher went to preschool this morning (he goes three days a week), that I was finally able to catch up on some work for ATA (formerly CBF). I still have a huge amount of crap to do and have been pretty stressed.

My father is currently at Palos Community Hospital with a bad leg infection. That definitely has not helped with my stress, obviously, and has also taken out my main free babysitter, which is my mother. I'll be visiting him tonight and he'll hopefully be out by Sunday. He's pretty bored.

The first ABD indoor time trial is this Sunday in Winfield! I'll be the volunteer coordinator from 11 a.m. until 2 p.m. so be sure to stop by and say "Hi!" if you come. = ) No racing for me this time. I'll be doing "testing" on Saturday so I'll just be volunteering and cheering on Sunday. Unfortunately, since my laptop hard drive had died while at Jingle Cross, I don't have any of my heart rate or wattage data from last year. We bought Tom a used PowerTap from Rick and he is now turning into a geek like me. I'm finding it pretty amusing considering all the teasing I've gotten from him.

No comments: